The ROLI Seaboard RISE 25 is an instrument that lets musicians touch and shape sound, opening up new dimensions of musical expression.
Building on the technological breakthroughs of the Seaboard GRAND, the Seaboard RISE is accessible to all music-makers because of its portability and intuitively designed interface. The "Five Dimensions of Touch" allow the instrument to provide the expressiveness of an acoustic instrument combined with the versatility of an electronic one.
The instrument remodels the traditional keyboard as a pressure-sensitive, continuous surface that responds to even the subtlest gestures. Playing on the "keywaves", musicians can shape notes with greater expressiveness, modulating the character of sound in real time with simple movements of the finger. These include striking the keywaves, pressing into them, gliding from left to right along them, or sliding up and down. Its thin design and anodized aluminum chassis makes it easy to carry around, and is designed to withstand the rigors of travel between home, studio, or gigs.
The Seaboard RISE ships with an array of powerful software including the Seaboard Dashboard, Equator, Strobe2, and Bitwig 8-Track. Dashboard is a powerful editor, which allows you to customize how the instrument reacts to the five dimensions of touch. Equator is a software hybrid synthesizer that combines a mix of wavetable oscillators, FM (Frequency Modulation), sample playback, multi-mode filters, and complex signal routing, while Strobe2 from FXpansion features a sophisticated analog modeling engine equipped with Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) and offers over 200 presets designed specifically for the Seaboard Rise. Bitwig 8-Track is a dynamic Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for creation and performance of musical ideas on stage or in the studio. It boasts a multitude of modulators that have deep integration when using the Seaboard RISE.
In addition to MIDI over USB, the instrument uses MIDI over Bluetooth, allowing it to be played wirelessly. Cord-free, the RISE 49 can control Equator on a laptop or desktop computer, or it can work wirelessly with an iPhone through NOISE, the company's mobile sound engine, available for free download from the App Store. The Seaboard RISE 25 ships with a Bespoke storage case and a USB cable.
- Seamless hardware/software integration
- 25 Keywaves
- Silicon rubber keywaves transcend the rigid mechanics of a traditional piano style keyboard
- Sleek, intuitive design accessible to music makers of all technical levels
- Intuitive strike, bend, and press gestures to control multiple parameters on each note, completely independently
- Customize sensitivity to match playing style
- Map sound parameters to unique gestures
- Completely wireless with MIDI over Bluetooth
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth
- Internal battery with up to twelve hours of playability
- Integrated software synthesizer
- Three wavetable oscillators
- Two sample playback modules
- Frequency Modulation (FM) for all oscillators
- Graphic or traditional dial-based envelopes with various modes like one-shot, loop, note-release or the traditional ADSR mode
- Two LFOs
- Flexible routing and filter types (including comb filters)
- Built-in effects including a 5-band parametric equalizer, stereo chorus, stereo delay and stereo reverb
- Compatible with a variety of software and hardware synthesizers, as well as DAWs across OS X, Windows, and other platforms
- Strobe2 is a software polysynth which puts diverse new sounds effortlessly within your reach
- It builds on the original's realistic analog modelling and deep but intuitive synthesis with a slew of enhancements including MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) compatibility, allowing natural and tactile 5D modulation
- 25 high-quality FX devices
- Several new EQ devices
- Several new Amber Chorus models
- Enhancer: Emphasizes harmonics within an area of the frequency spectrum
- Env Shaper: A transient-shaping tool
- FX-Verb: A high-quality algorithmic reverb
- Pattern Delay: A new delay for creating complex delay tap patterns
- Nonlinear Ringmod: A modelled lo-fi ring modulator circuit
- Phasemod Array: An FM oscillator that is modulated by incoming audio
- DirtyDAC: A vintage digital-to-analogue converter model with a different sound to regular bitcrushing
- Preset morphing and freezing
- 900+ preset factory library with 200+ presets designed for the Roli Seaboard RISE
- Synthesis engine enhancements
- Updated modulation features
- Bitwig 8-Track, the trim and effective digital audio workstation to start producing, performing, and designing sounds like a pro
- 8-Track includes the entire collection of Bitwig Studio devices for use on up to eight project tracks with audio or MIDI
- Includes the Bitwig Essentials Package, a versatile selection of presets and sounds handpicked from the flagship Bitwig Studio Library
- Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once
- Choose between several display profiles
- Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices
- Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins
- Bitwig 8-Track’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices
- Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API
- Comes with over 200 acoustic, synthetic, and percussion sounds, all custom-made by ROLI sound designers
- 5D Touch: Strike, Press, Glide, Slide and Lift dimensions of touch expression
- Drop Beats: Tap the surface like you’re playing live drums. Go way beyond drum pads, and make beats more expressively with 5D Touch
- Play melodies with a variety of acoustic and synthetic sounds.
- Record four-bar loops of beats and melodies.
- Build a song by arranging and layering loops.
- Learn Mode: Light Trails guide you to trace the gestures for making beats & melodies with many instrumental sounds.
- Scales: Choose from 15 different scales. Hide notes that are not in tune with that scale.
- Chord Mode: Turn on Chord Mode, and play a chord every time you strike a note.
- Arp Mode: Turn on Arp Mode, and play an arpeggio every time you strike a note.
- NOISE Soundpack Store: Browse a huge variety of additional soundpacks from performing artists and renowned sound designers
- Join NOISE.fm, a social community for sharing music made on NOISE
- NOISE pairs wirelessly with the Seaboard RISE and becomes the sound engine for Seaboard RISE 25 controllers.
|Connectors||1 x 1/4" TRS Continuous Pedal Input
1 x USB 2.0 Type A (for charging peripherals)
1 x USB 2.0 Type B (for MIDI out and power)
1 x 9-12 VDC, 2A Power Input
Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth LE.
|System Requirements||Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or faster recommended
OS X 10.8+, iOS 9+, Windows 7+
4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB RAM recommended)
2 GB hard drive space for Equator installation
|Power Requirements||USB bus powered
100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz for optional external power supply
|Battery||Battery Life: Up to 11 hours
Charge Time: 3 hours
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||20 x 8.3 x 0.9" (505 x 210 x 23 mm)|
|Weight||6.2 lb (2.8 kg)|