The Akai MPD218 by is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller which brings the feel of classic MPC beat-making to producers, programmers, musicians and DJs, in a lightweight and compact package.
Sixteen ultra-sensitive Thick Fat backlit MPC pads are used to trigger drum hits and other samples in your software or external MIDI sound module, and are pressure- and velocity-sensitive, for a responsive feel and intuitive playing. You can switch between three pad banks to control up to 48 samples.
The MPD218 features 3 banks of 6 assignable 360° potentiometers which send continuous controller messages to the software for up to 18 parameters. The controller incorporates some of the MPC's most popular functions such as a Note-Repeat button and Full-Level mode.
The unit is bus-powered and class-compliant with Mac and Windows, and is iOS-compatible via Apple's Camera Connection kit (available separately). It comes with a comprehensive software bundle which includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Software Preset Editor.
- 16 x ultra-sensitive Thick Fat backlit MPC pads
- Switch between three pad banks to control up to 48 samples
- 6 x assignable 360° potentiometers send continuous controller messages to your software or external MIDI device
- Control-Bank button to select one of three banks of potentiometers and control up to 18 parameters
- Program-Select button to recall pre-mapped layout of pads
- Note-Repeat button to retrigger pad at a rate based on the current tempo and time-division settings
- Full-Level mode causes pads to always play at a maximum velocity no matter how hard or soft you hit them
- 16 configurable presets
- iOS-compatible with Apple’s Camera Connection kit (sold separately)
- MIDI information is sent over plug-and-play USB interface for use with Mac or Windows
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
- Kensington lock slot to secure unit to a table or surface
- Included software: Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Software Preset Editor
|Pads||16 x velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, red-backlit
3 x banks accessible via Pad Bank button
|Controls||6 x 360° assignable potentiometers
3 x banks accessible via Control Bank button
1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended)
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended)
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP
Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended, QuickTime recommended)
|Power Source||USB bus-powered|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||9.4 x 7.9 x 1.6" / 23.9 x 20.1 x 4.1 cm|
|Weight||1.65 lb / 0.57 kg|