The Allen and Heath GR3 is a single rackmount or desktop audio mixer that provides comprehensive control of paging and background music in restaurants, bars, stores, and other retail/leisure environments.The mixer features two mic inputs on the rear panel via Phoenix connectors with an option to select Mic 1 from an XLR input on the front panel. Additionally, there are two pairs of stereo RCA connectors for audio playback devices. The two zone outputs are offered in stereo on Phoenix connectors, but may be changed to mono via internal jumpers. The optional PL-14 remote control provides a rotary volume control with four selectable source switches and connects via standard Cat5e cabling. The GR3 ships with a power cord, blanking bung covers, a set of rack ears, four countersunk Pozi screws, and 10 Phoenix connectors.
- Mic Inputs: Two mic inputs on rear mount Phoenix connectors with MIC1 selectable to an optional front mounted XLR
- Line Inputs: Two stereo inputs on rear mount phono connectors
- Zone Outputs: Two stereo (mono selectable via internal jumper) zones on rear mount Phoenix connectors
- Control: Paging and Alarm contact inputs on rear mounted Phoenix connectors allow integration with 3rd party paging stations and fire alarm systems
- Optional Remote: Remote control can be achieved via the optional PL-14 Remote connected to the rear mounted RJ45 or custom/3rd party analogue remotes connected to the rear mounted Phoenix connectors
- Mixing: Individual mix and selectable control of all inputs to Z1 & Z2
- Dynamics: Gain and 2 band EQ available on all mic inputs with an additional 2 band EQ available on Z1 & Z2 outputs
- Primary Mic Mode: When audio sensed on MIC1 channel and/or PAGE contact closure is sensed then music is faded to pre-set level and MICSs 2-4 muted for the duration of the announcement. MIC1 zone select LEDs flash slowly when in priority mic mode
- Installer Selectable Modes
- Primary and Secondary Mic Modes: Perfect for controlling hierarchical microphone feeds such as simple paging announcements
- Emergency Mic Mode: For use with 3rd party systems in emergency situations. Mutes all inputs except MIC1 on alarm contact closure
- Juke Box Mode: Provides a priority line input to the system for pre-recorded announcements or programed material such as Sports channels
- Advanced Features
- Entering programming mode allows the following parameters to be adjusted
- Ducker attenuation
- Ducker hold time
- Ducker release time
- Music crossfade time
- Jukebox hold time
- Jukebox release time
|Microphone Inputs||Mic Input Sensitivity (Gain = Min): 0 dBu
Mic Input Sensitivity (Gain = Max): -50 dBu
Mic Level control (Max): +5 dB
Mic Level control (Min): -80 dB
Mic HPF -3 dB: 150 Hz
Mic EQ LF: ±15 dB fc = 80 Hz
Mic EQ HF: ±15 dB fc = 8 kHz
Mic Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz: ±1 dB
Mic THD+n @ 0 dBu in 1 kHz: 0.004% 22 Hz - 22 kHz
Mic THD+n @ -30 dBu in 30 dB gain 1 kHz: 0.005% 22 Hz - 22 kHz
Mic Hi Level warning LED (Unity gain): +18 dBu
Clip level (Unity gain): +21 dBu
|Stereo Inputs||ST Input Sensitivity (Gain link OFF): 0 dBu
ST Input Sensitivity (Gain Link ON): -10 dBu
ST Level control (Max): +6 dB
ST Level control (Min): -76 dB
ST Frequency response 20 Hz – 20 kHz: ±0.5 dB
ST THD+n @ -10 dBu in 1 kHz: 0.015% 22 Hz - 22 kHz
ST THD+n @ 0 dBu in 1 kHz: 0.035% 22 Hz - 22 kHz
Crosstalk from Unselected Channel: -75 dB @ 1 kHz
|Zone Output||Main Zone Level Control (Max): 0 dB
Main Zone Level Control (Min): -74 dB
Main Zone Hi Lev LED (Unity Gain): +18 dBu
Main Zone EQ LF: ±15 dB fc = 80 Hz
Main Zone EQ HF: ±15 dB fc = 8 kHz
Main Zone Clip Level (Unity gain): +21 dBu
|Noise||ST Input to Main Zone Output (Unity): -90 dBu 22 Hz - 22 kHz
Mic Input Routed at Min Gain as Well: -88 dBu 22 Hz - 22 kHz
Mic Input Routed at Max Gain: -77 dBu 22 Hz - 22 kHz (150R source)
|Power||100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20 W
Power Consumption: 15 W (with no remote attached)
|Dimensions (H x L x W)||1.9 x 9.5 x 17.2" / 48.0 x 242.0 x 438.0 mm|
|Weight||7.5 lb / 3.4 kg|
|Package Weight||10.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.8 x 14.0 x 9.0"|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.