The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility.
This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems. The AT4040’s low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||133 dB, (1 kHz at Maximum SPL)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||82 dB, (1 kHz at 1 Pa)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||145 dB SPL, (1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.)|
|Power Requirements||Phantom, 48 V|
|Output Impedance||100 Ohms|
|Output Connectors||XLR-3M Type|
|Pad||Yes, 10 dB Pad; Roll-Off|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||Yes, 80 Hz, (12 dB Per Octave)|
|Dimensions (L x Diam)||6.69 x 2.10" / 170.0 x 53.4 mm|
|Weight||12.7 oz / 360 g|