The Audient ASP800 is an 8-channel microphone preamplifier & ADC that will transform your sessions into world class recordings, the perfect addition to your set-up.
ASP880 provides eight of Audient's renowned console mic pres, pristine converter technology and a versatile feature set that includes Variable Impedance and Variable High Pass Filters. All in a 1RU rack!
Audient Console Mic Pres, The professional sound you deserve
We are the only company that use the same Class-A mic pre design throughout our entire product range, whether you’re in the studio with an Audient console or on the road with ASP880, you’re always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound.
Pristine Converter Technology, Brilliance on the inside enables brilliance on the outside
ASP880 provides you with the highest grade converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. The integral ADC guarantees you will have the best conversion possible. This isn't just the best converter in a mic pre either, it stands up against dedicated converters too. Focus on the music and let ASP880 take care of the rest.
Plug And Play, Plug in and be inspired
As well as offering you 8 channels of Audient mic pre, ASP880 has two harmonically rich JFET D.I inputs. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine straight in and start recording instantly.
VARIABLE IMPEDANCE, Get the best from your microphones
If you’re partial to the character of ribbon mics, then ASP880 is made for you. Variable impedance allows you to match the pre to your favourite ribbon mic. Retain the punch and frequency response the mic was born with. It also works on your other mics, just more subtly.
VARIABLE HIGH PASS FILTER, Quickly remove unwanted low frequencies
Get it right at the source and lose those unwanted low frequencies with a simple to use variable high-pass filter. Take control of low end rumble, reduce proximity effect and more by quickly sweeping anywhere between 25Hz and 250Hz. The result is a clean, ready to record signal.
Built To Last, Quality deserves protection
ASP880 has been designed to last, its all-metal construction and hand milled aluminium knobs will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road. All this in 1RU!
- 8 x Class-A Audient Console Mic Preamplifiers
- High Performance Burr Brown AD Converters
- Variable Input Impedance
- Variable High Pass Filters
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- 8 x Insert points (between the mic preamps and AD converters)
- Digital Outputs - ADAT, AES & S/PDIF
- All-Metal Enclosure
- Over £500 worth of plugins and software with ARC
(measured to insert send)
|MIC GAIN:||-10 to +60dB (-10dB Pad)|
|LINE GAIN:||-16 to +44dB (-10dB Pad)*|
|PHANTOM POWER:||48v +/-4v @ 10mA/Channel|
|CMRR:||>80dB @ 100 to 10kHz|
|MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL:||+22dBu (+32dBu with Pad)|
|INPUT IMPEDANCE:||Mic LO: 220Ω Balanced
Mic MED: 1k2Ω Balanced
Mic HI: 2k8Ω Balanced
Line (All Z): >6kΩ Balanced
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE:||+/-0.5dB 10Hz to 100kHz|
|CROSSTALK:||<-85dBu @ 1kHz & 10kHz|
|THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz):||0.003% (-90.5dBu)|
|HPF:||Sweepable from 25Hz to 250 Hz, 2nd Order (12dB/Octave)|
|XLR:||Pin 2 (Hot), Pin 3 (Cold) & Pin 1 (Shield)|
|1/4” JACK:||TIP (Hot), RING (Cold) & SLEEVE (Shield)|
* Line input level at the combi jacks will be affected by the input impedance switch position, this can be used as a second pad control to adjust line input ranges on all channels.
DISCRETE JFET D.I (Channels 1 & 2):
(measured to line outputs / insert send)
|D.I GAIN:||-10 to +60 dB (-10dB Pad)|
|MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL:||+16dBu (typical), +22dBu|
|INPUT IMPEDANCE:||1MegΩ Unbalanced|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE:||+/-0.5dB 10Hz to 50kHz|
|THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz):||<0.03% (-70dBu)|
|1/4” JACK:||TIP (Hot) & SLEEVE (Shield)|
LINE OUTPUTS (Insert Sends):
|MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL:||+27.5dBu|
|OUTPUT IMPEDANCE:||<100Ω Balanced|
ADC LINE INPUTS (Insert Returns):
(measured at optical output under AES-17)
|MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL:||+18dBu|
|DIGITAL REFERENCE LEVEL:||0dBFS = +18dBu|
|INPUT IMPEDANCE:||>10kΩ Balanced|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE:||+/-0.5dB 10Hz to Fs/2|
|CROSSTALK:||<-80dBu @ 1kHz & 10kHz|
|THD+N @ -1dBFS (1kHz):||<0.002% (-94dB)|
|THD+N @ -6dBFS (1kHz):||<0.002% (-94dB)|
|DYNAMIC RANGE:||113dB un-weighted
|PEAK LED LINEUP:||+16dBu (-2dBFS)|
|SIGNAL LED LINEUP:||Variable Brightness from -30dBu to -10dBu (-28dBFS)|
|ADAT 8 CHANNELS SMUX:||44.1 - 96kHz|
|AES | S/PDIF 8 CHANNELS:||44.1 - 96kHz|
|CLOCK||Internal or External|
|WORLDCLOCK INPUT||75Ω BNC
Optional 75Ω Termination
- High stability, low noise internal SMPS
- Fanless, quiet operation
- Works anywhere in the world without reconfiguring
|LINE VOLTAGES:||90 to 264V (a.c)|
|INTERNAL RAILS:||+/-18VDC, +48VDC & +5VDC|
|FUSE:||T1A (1Amp Time Delay)|
|CONSUMPTION:||Maximum 40 Watts|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.
- 3-Knob Tone Stack & 12AX7 Tube
- Authentic Amp/Cab Sim via Two Notes
- Integrates with Pedalboard FX
- XLR-1/4" Inputs with +48V Phantom Power
- Reamp DI Output
- 4 x Class-A Preamp & 2 x JFET Instrument
- Quality 24-Bit / 96 kHz ADA Converters
- Low-Latency DSP Mixer
- 2 x ADAT Digital I/O Expansion
- USB 2.0 Class Compliant Connectivity