This superbly made, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB professional quality DJ turntable is designed primarily for DJ use in nightclubs, touring and mobile applications.
It can also be used by music lovers to play their record collections at home. Its sleek, elegant gloss-black and silver design fits into any stereo music or home entertainment system, and its built-in switchable phono preamp enables it to be used with a wide variety of receivers, powered speakers and other A/V components. As an added benefit, the turntable offers a USB output that allows direct connection to a computer for easy LP-to-digital conversion.
Built to deliver exceptional music reproduction even under the most demanding conditions of professional use, the AT-LP1240-USB utilizes a powerful direct-drive 16-pole, three-phase motor for unwavering speed stability along with easy back-cueing, forward and reverse play and quiet operation at 33-1/3, 45 or 78 RPM. The turntable features an S-shaped tone arm with adjustable tracking force (counterweight) and anti-skate adjustment and a removable universal cartridge mount (cartridge available separately).
Additional DJ-friendly features including a damped cast-aluminum platter with stroboscopic speed markings and slip mat, an illuminated speed indicator and adjustable pitch control, a start/stop button, a removable stylus target light, a dedicated tone arm grounding lug, a hydraulically-damped lift lever and a locking tone arm rest that keeps the arm and cartridge in place during transport.
The turntable includes PC- and Mac-compatible Audacity® software that converts the audio on a record to MP3, WAV or other format digital audio files.
- Direct-drive, high-torque, multipole motor for demanding DJ use
- Fully manual operation
- Start and brake control adjustments
- Selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- Professional anti-resonance, damped die-cast aluminum platter with DJ-style slip mat
- ½” mount universal headshell (phono cartridge sold separately)
- Balanced S-shaped tone arm with hydraulically damped lift control, anti-skate, height adjustment and lockable rest
- Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software to create digital files from vinyl records
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with detachable RCA output cables
- Stroboscopic platter with speed indicator
- Forward/reverse operation and variable pitch control with quartz speed lock
- Removable stylus target light for easier cueing in low light
- Includes: Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity software, Dual RCA output cable with ground wire, Two output adapter cables (dual RCA female to mini-plug male & dual RCA female to mini-plug female), USB cable, Power cord, 45 RPM adapter, Counterweight, DJ-style slip mat, Removable dust cover.
|Type||3-speed, fully manual operation|
|Motor||16-pole, 3-phase, brushless DC motor|
|Drive Method||Direct drive|
|Speeds||33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM|
|Turntable Platter||332 mm dia. die-cast aluminum|
|Starting Torque||>4.5 kgf.cm|
|Braking System||Electronic brake|
|Wow and Flutter||< 0.1% WRMS (JIS WTD) with 33 RPM|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||> 55 dB (DIN-B)|
|Output Level||Pre-amp "PHONO": 2.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec (HP-4005)
Pre-amp "LINE": 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec (HP-4005)
|USB Function||A/D, D/A - 16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz USB selectable;
Computer interface - USB 1.1 Compliant Windows XP or above or MAC OSX or above
|Power Supply Requirements||120V AC, 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||450.0 mm (17.72") W x 353.0 mm (13.90") D x 166.5 mm (6.56") H|
|Weight||12.5 kg (27.6 lbs.)|
|Accessories Included||Slip mat; dust cover; platter; 45 RPM adapter; counterweight; headshell; power cord; USB cable; dual RCA (female) to 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-plug (male) stereo adapter cable; dual RCA (female) to 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-plug (female) stereo adapter cable; dual RCA (male) cable with integrated ground wire; stylus target light; Audacity software (CD)|
Tone Arm Specification:
- RIAA: 20-20kHz, +1/-3dB (In: 1.5mV 1kHz)
- Tone arm type: Static balanced S-shaped tone arm with detachable headshell
- Effective arm length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Height of tone arm adjustment range: 0-6 mm
- Tracking error angle: Less than 3 degrees
- Applicable cartridge weight:
- Without headshell 3.5 - 8.5 g,
- With headshell 13 - 18 g
- Anti-skating range: 0-3 g