Audio-Technica’s AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications.
It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras.
This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant—free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
|Operating Principle||Line Gradient|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||77 dB|
|Maximum SPL||129 dB SPL|
|Low-Cut Filter||18 dB/Octave @ 80 Hz|
|Dynamic Range||112 dB|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Battery Type||1 x AA|
|Operating Current Consumption||2.0 mA|
|Operating Voltage||11 to 52 V|
|Length||10.98" / 279 mm|
|Diameter||0.83" / 21 mm|
|Weight||5.11 oz / 145 g|