The BSS Audio AR133 is an active direct box that can also function as an active balancing device.
The DI is housed in a rugged aluminum extrusion case with robust polyurethane end-cheeks. The arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management.
The unit can be powered from console phantom power or via a 9V battery, which is not included. Should the phantom power from the console fail or be accidentally switched off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery providing uninterrupted use.
Applications for the product include use with keyboards, DJ consoles, amplifier outputs, other electronic sources, as well as the traditional guitar use.Features:
- Active direct box and line balancing device
- Suitable for musicians, studios and PA companies
- Phantom or 9V battery powered. With a battery installed, if phantom power should be interrupted, the unit will automatically switch to battery power
- Input attenuation is 0, -20 or -40dB, making the box suitable for instrument, line or amplifier levels on inputs
- Ground lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems
|Input Connections||1 x XLR
2 x 1/4" TS phone
|Output Connectors||1 x XLR|
|Input Level||+9dBu (pad at 0dB)|
|Output Level||+8dBu into 600Ω or greater|
Ground lift switch
|Frequency Response||30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB|
|Noise||<-105db unweighted, 22Hz to 22kHz, RMS|
|Power||+20VDC to +48VDC phantom power or 9V battery (not included)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||4 15/16" x 5 3/4" x 2 5/16"|
|Specialties||Arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management|
|Package Weight||2.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.0 x 8.0 x 2.5"|