The BSS Audio AR133 is an active direct box that can also function as an active balancing device.
The DI is housed in a rugged aluminum extrusion case with robust polyurethane end-cheeks. The arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management.
The unit can be powered from console phantom power or via a 9V battery, which is not included. Should the phantom power from the console fail or be accidentally switched off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery providing uninterrupted use.
Applications for the product include use with keyboards, DJ consoles, amplifier outputs, other electronic sources, as well as the traditional guitar use.Features:
- Active direct box and line balancing device
- Suitable for musicians, studios and PA companies
- Phantom or 9V battery powered. With a battery installed, if phantom power should be interrupted, the unit will automatically switch to battery power
- Input attenuation is 0, -20 or -40dB, making the box suitable for instrument, line or amplifier levels on inputs
- Ground lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems
|Input Connections||1 x XLR
2 x 1/4" TS phone
|Output Connectors||1 x XLR|
|Input Level||+9dBu (pad at 0dB)|
|Output Level||+8dBu into 600Ω or greater|
Ground lift switch
|Frequency Response||30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB|
|Noise||<-105db unweighted, 22Hz to 22kHz, RMS|
|Power||+20VDC to +48VDC phantom power or 9V battery (not included)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||4 15/16" x 5 3/4" x 2 5/16"|
|Specialties||Arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management|
|Package Weight||2.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.0 x 8.0 x 2.5"|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.