The dbx 166xs is a dual channel compressor/gate/limiter that when added to a live sound rig or studio, will deliver more polished, professional sound.
The unit can function either as a stereo processor or in dual mono mode and features all the usual controls required for this kind of processor.
The unit provides the ability to smooth out uneven levels, add sustain to guitars and fatten up drums. It also makes it easy to bring vocals to the front of a mix. The PeakStop limiter helps protect expensive amplifiers and speakers by providing an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients that could damage the equipment.
For simplified operation the 166xs features Overeasy compression technology for smooth and musical performance, while the exclusive AutoDynamic attack and release controls puts great sound within easy reach. The processor has true RMS power summing and features quality input and output connectors. Comprehensive visual feedback is provided by gain reduction metering and backlit switches.Features:
- Error proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- PeakStop limiter provides an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients for protecting downstream equipment
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mono operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx "Auto" mode
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.