The DBX 231s is a dual channel, 31 band, 1/3 octave graphic equalizer housed in a dual space, rack mount chassis.
The processor is equally suitable for live applications, audio installations, and for use in a studio.
The unit features 20mm non-conductive sliders that can be set to either +/-6dB or +/-12dB of boost or cut. A global control provides +/-12 dB of input gain. A 12dB per octave, 3dB down at 50Hz low-cut filter can also be switched in if required.
From its extended frequency response and excellent dynamic range, to the quality components and meticulous attention to detail, the 231s offers exceptional sound and rugged reliability.Features:
- Dual channel, 31-band, 1/3-octave constant Q graphic EQ
- Switchable boost/cut ranges of +/-6 or +/-12dB
- 20mm non-conductive sliders
- 12dB per octave, 3dB down at 50Hz low-cut filter
- +/-12 dB input gain range
- Front panel bypass switch
- 4-segment LED ladders for monitoring output levels
- XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs
|Filter Type||Graphic, constant Q|
|Number of Channels||2|
|Range (Boost/Cut)||+/-6dB or +/-12 dB, switchable|
|Inputs||2 x XLR (pin 2 hot)|
|Input Impedance||40kΩ balanced, 20kΩ unbalanced|
|Maximum Input Level||>+21dBu balanced or unbalanced|
|Outputs||2 x XLR (pin 2 hot)|
|Output Impedance||100Ω balanced, 50Ω unbalanced|
|Maximum Output Level||>+21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2kΩ or greater
>+18dBm balanced/unbalanced into 600Ω
|Frequency Response||FR: <10Hz to >50kHz, +0.5/-3.0dB
Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5/-1.0dB
|Dynamic Range||>112dB typical|
|Noise||SNR: >95dB typical|
|THD + N||<0.003%|
|Crosstalk||<-90dB, 20Hz to 20kHz|
|CMRR||>40dB, typically >55dB @ 1kHz|
|Switches||EQ Bypass - bypasses the graphic equalizer section in the signal path
Low Cut - activates the 50Hz 12dB/octave high-pass filter
Range - selects either +/- 6dB or +/-12dB slider boost/cut range
|Power Requirements||100~240VAC 50/60Hz
15W power consumption
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||19 x 6 x 3.5" (483 x 152 x 89mm)|
|Weight||6.2 lb (2.8kg)|
|Specialties||20mm non-conductive sliders|
|Package Weight||8.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.7 x 11.3 x 4.8"|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.