The J48 from Radial Engineering is an active direct box, elite in design and performance and intended for professional stage and recording studio use.
The unit can be powered from 48V phantom power or batteries, has rugged 14-gauge steel construction and extended, distortion-free headroom via a 10V internal rail voltage capacity. Ground lift, phase reverse and 80Hz recessed filter switches are also standard.Features:
- Low power consumption, high 10V internal rail voltage for extended headroom; advanced design accommodates high output levels from active instruments
- Internal timing chip and switching transformer maintain smooth rail voltage transition and headroom on input
- Highly durable 14-gauge welded steel chassis
- Dual function inputs with 2-channel merge feature
- 1/4" Thru connector and XLR output connector for simultaneous sends to console, amplifier
- Polarity reverse switch
- Ground Lift and Pad switches
- 80 Hz filter eliminates low end rumble, creates 3 dB of additional headroom
- No-slip bottom padding maintains positioning, protects unit from ground contamination
|Input Connections||2 x 1/4" TS Phone In, Thru|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-pin XLR Male|
|Impedance||Input: 220 kOhms
Output: 600 Ohms
|Distortion||<0.5% (at 20 Hz)|
|Frequency Response||10Hz to 40kHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||119dB @ 100Hz|
2 x 9V Battery
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||6.5 x 4 x 3" (165.1 x 101.6 x 76.2mm)|
|Weight||1.87 lb (848.2 g)|
Welded Steel Construction
|Package Weight||1.75 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 4.2 x 2.9"|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.