The JDI Mk3 from Radial Engineering is a professional, passive direct box that converts hi-impedance instrument signals to a balanced low-impedance output, allowing long cable runs without noise. The unit is ideally suited for all instruments including keyboards, bass guitar and acoustic guitars for use in studio, broadcast and live sound reinforcement.
Because of the transformer, the JDI provides 100% isolation between the instrument input side and the balanced output, eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Passive DIs that use inexpensive iron or steel core transformers can degrade sound through phase shift at various frequencies, a phenomenon known as group delay. This has the effect of making bass sound indistinct, causing the mid-range to smear and lack punch.
The JDI employs a Jensen transformer with a nickel-laminated core which does not retain a memory or polarity. This reduces phase distortion, improves linearity and lowers harmonic distortion. A 15dB pad is provided for high level instruments to avoid input distortion. A merge switch converts the thru output to a second input, allowing two signals, such as those from a stereo keyboard, to be summed to mono when input channel availability is limited.
The unit is built to withstand the abuse of the road. The book-cover design features an internal 14-gauge steel skeleton that is corner welded to ensure the internal electronics will never be subjected to outside stress. The military grade PC board is mounted on steel pem nuts and the whole is then enclosed in a second steel casing. The passive design requires no power source.Features:
- Phase coherent professional direct box with 100% passive design and Jensen Transformer equipped
- Ultra linear performance from 10Hz to 40kHz
- Dual function inputs with two-channel merge
- Polarity reverse, ground lift and pad switches
- Ultra-durable welded steel chassis with double sided printed circuit board
- No-slip bottom pad and protective channel for switches
- Ideal for acoustic guitars and basses, keyboards, modules and electronic drums
|Input Connections||1 x 1/4" TS phone|
|Output Connectors||1 x XLR
1 x 1/4" TS phone Thru
|Output Level||Not specified by manufacturer|
Ground lift switch
Merge of Input and Thru
Parallel 12" speaker emulation switch
|Frequency Response||10Hz to 40kHz|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||6 1/2" x 4" x 3" (shipping)|
|Weight||1 .92 lbs (shipping)|
|Specialties||Merge function converts the input and thru output jacks to left and right inputs and mixes them to mono at the XLR|
|Package Weight||1.88 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.6 x 4.2 x 3.1"|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.