The RME OctaMic II is an 8 channel microphone/line preamplifier that also provides pristine analog-to-digital conversion of all channels.
Low distortion, excellent signal-to-noise ration and highly linear frequency response all contribute to the ability of the unit to transmit and amplify an accurate representation of the source.
The analog-to-digital converter delivers 8 channels of pristine digital output, available as double ADAT output (S/MUX up to 96kHz) and simultaneously as 4 AES outputs (up to 192kHz) via a DB-25 connector. The converter can be clocked internally as a master, or externally via word clock and AES sync, while SteadyClock technology ensures the very best sound quality even with a jittery external clock.
- 8-channel microphone/line preamp with 8-channels of analog-to-digital conversion
- Low distortion with linear frequency response provides clear and transparent preamplification
- Each channel features a gain control along with switches for enabling phantom power, a high-pass filter and phase reverse
- Per channel LEDs indicate phantom power status, signal presence and a clip indicator
- When activated, a "Clip Hold" button prompts any corresponding clip LED to flash once a second when an overload is detected on that particular channel
- 8, short-circuit protected, low-impedance and servo-balanced line outputs can have their reference level changed simultaneously, via a front panel switch, to aid in maintaining optimum output levels
- The 8-channel analog-to-digital conversion operates at up to 192kHz
- Digital output is available simultaneously at the two ADAT outputs, allowing for S/MUX operation up to 96kHz, and at a DB-25 connector delivering 4 AES/EBU outputs, up to 192kHz
- Analog outputs and both digital outputs operate simultaneously
- SteadyClock ensures near perfect conversion by almost completely removing jitter on any external sync source
|Number of Channels||8|
|Inputs||8 x Neutrik Combo, electronically balanced
1 x AES/SPDIF sync input only on 25-pin D-Sub
1 x BNC Wordclock
|Output||8 x 1/4" TRS phone
4 x AES/EBU (stereo) on 25-pin D-Sub
|Phantom Power||+48V, switchable per channel|
|Multi Function||8-channel analog-to-digital converter|
|Gain Range||+6dB to +60dB|
|Maximum Output Level||+21dBu|
|Frequency Response||10Hz to 150kHz, -0.3dB|
|Noise||SNR: 129dB EIN @ 150Ω|
|Power Requirements||100 - 240VAC, 20W (internal switching)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19 x 9.5 x 3.5" (483 x 242 x 89mm)|
|Weight||4.4 lbs (2kg)|
|Specialties||28kHz up to 200kHz supported sample rates|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.