The RØDE Blimp is a complete windshield and shock mounting accessory for the NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 and NTG4+ microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325mm (12 ¾”) in length.
- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones 325mm in length and 19-22mm diameter
- Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard with internal spacing guide
- Lightweight skeleton handle with 3/8” thread mount
- Mogami cable with Neutrik and Switchcraft XLR connectors
- Dead Wombat windshield included
Now featuring the Rycote® Lyre suspension system, the Blimp provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation.
Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap. The Blimp’s handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use.
Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone. With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted). The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base.
The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight.
The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included. The added confidence of a full ten year warranty* ensures that the Blimp is by far the best microphone windshield system available, further evidenced by a 2009 Red Dot Award and Australian International Design Award for outstanding product design. *Excludes normal wear and tear of Dead Wombat furry cover or any misuse, modification or improper storage and transportation of the product.
|Dimensions||11.2 x 12.3 x 5.0 (285 x 490 x 125 mm)|
|Weight||1.2 lb (550 g)|
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.
- 4 Broadcast-Quality XLR Mic Inputs, +48V
- 8 Faders to Control Audio Levels
- Onboard & USB Multitrack Recording
- Mix-Minus for Phone Call Interviews
- 4 Headphone Outputs for Host and Guests