120V Rail Headphone Monitoring Amplifier
The outstanding technical and sonic characteristics of the Phonitor 2 were translated into a more compact format to create the Phonitor mini.
Its ease-of-use, small and sturdy housing and affordable price, make the SPL Phonitor Mini the perfect headphone amp for home studios, hi-fi enthusiasts and mobile recording and mixing. It features the Phonitor Matrix to recreate speaker-like listening environment conditions.
Studio engineers will find in the Phonitor mini a high-quality headphones amplifier. On the one side, there is the traditional, analytical work with headphones as with a magnifying glass, which can be done always bearing in mind the lack of room influence. Working with a magnifying glass has its advantages when it comes to discovering noises, clicks and crackles, assessing edits, or spotting problems of single tracks. On the other side, the Phonitor Matrix makes it possible to correctly determine the position of sound sources in the mix. Spatial information and effects are also more easily appraised, since the impression of the stereo width created is not the 180-degree one usually heard with headphones, but rather that of music being played back through monitoring speakers in the control room.
Audiophile listeners get a headphone amplifier to enjoy an authentic sound reproduction with headphones. Headphones usually provide a 180-degree stereo image (the Super Stereo effect), and that‘s exactly where the problem is rooted. Generally speaking, music is mixed so that all instruments are reproduced correctly in their position when the loudspeakers form a stereo triangle.
Thus, headphone reproduction is not the same as it was intended during recording. The side component becomes too important during playback, and effects like delay and reverb are reproduced in an exaggerated way. The position of instruments and vocals in the stereo image is pushed further apart. All in all, the sound is not authentic anymore. With our Phonitor Matrix, music playback with headphones becomes a real delight thanks to an authentic perception of the stereo width, a more precise localization of the sound sources and a correct balance between effects and other elements.
- Headphone amplification for two sources
- Headphone amplifier for all headphone systems and impedances
- Loudspeaker-like reproduction with headphones
- Monitoring alternative in studios and mobile units
- Mobile reproduction of usual monitoring conditions
- Headphone monitoring live or during recording
- XLR connectors, electronically balanced
- Impedance: balanced ca. 20kOhm, unbal. ca. 10kOhm
- Max. Input Level: +32,5dBu
- RCA connectors, unbalanced
- Impedance: ca. 10kOhm
- Max. Input Level: +20dBu
- Considering that the RCA input is raised from -10dBV to +4dBu (approx. 12.7dB), the input level is comparable to that of the XLR inputs: +20dB + 12.7dB = 32.7dB
- 6.3mm TRS connector
- Pin wiring: Tip = Left, Ring = Right, Sleeve = GND
- Impedance: 0.18Ohm
- Attenuation Factor: 180 @ 40Ohm
- Frequency Range: ‹10Hz bis ›300kHz ( -3dB)
- CMR: -106dBu (at 1kHz, 0dBu input level and unity gain)
- Crosstalk at 1kHz: -88dB
- THD&N: 0,00052% (at 24dBu input level and unity gain, 1kHz, 100kOhm load)
- Noise: Unweighted: -100dB, A-weighted: - 103dB
- Dynamic Range: 133,62 dB
- Max. Output Power:
- 2x 2W (+30dBu) at 1kHz and 300Ohm connected impedance
- 2x 1W (+30dBu) at 1kHz and 600Ohm connected impedance
- Voltages: 230V AC, 50 Hz / 115V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: max. 15 W
- Fuses: 115V AC: T 500 mA /230V AC: T 315 mA
Dimensions & Weight
- H x W x D: 44 x 144 x 257 mm (1,72" x 5,76" x 10,12")
- Weight: 2kg (4.5lbs)
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.