Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over USB 3 on Windows.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Windows-based PC users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more.
With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite USB makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo Twin USB audio interfaces.
Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs
Start mixing right away with the included Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
Get a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Windows-based PCs
Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, API, MXR and more
Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite USB is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for truly scalable mixing power.
Select from Core, Custom, and Ultimate 5 Software Packages
UAD-2 Core packages include the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom packages include the Analog Classics Plus bundle, plus a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Ultimate 5 is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 89 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software 9.0.*
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
UAD-2 Satellite USB System Requirements
UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 9.2
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- Available built-in* USB 3 SuperSpeed port
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- AMD processors are not tested or recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not fully tested for Apollo Twin USB or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections. For more information, click here.
- For USB 3 chipset compatibility information, click here.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days.
- Real-time order tracking information will be sent via SMS and EMAIL once your order has been successfully processed and captured.
- Standard/Free shipping does not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
- Deliveries on weekend and holidays can be arranged at an extra charge to customer.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone. We appreciate your patience!
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Orders below R850 does not qualify for free shipping.
Please factor in a nominal nationwide economy road 2-3 Day ETA charge of R150.
Estimated delivery time
2-3 business days
Free / R850 and above
Everyday shipping as per Economy Road freight, we work with a few different courier companies and special services are available. Please request any service which’ll be the most convenient for you and Technical Sales will gladly investigate it and revert for your consideration.
* Overnight delivery is only available for orders with delivery addresses within South Africa and confirmed before 10AM the given morning.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur, your Technical Sales Rep will keep you up to date.
- 5-Channel Interface For Scratch Live
- 2x High Speed USB Ports
- 24Bit / 96kHz Resolution
- Inputs for Turntables & CD Decks
- Includes Serato Scratch Live Software